Before you search for “refrigerator repair near me”, you may want to consider an upgrade. Get a smart refrigerator instead of getting that old rust box repaired. Here’s why you should get a smart refrigerator over a standard one.
1. Monitor your food – Most of us do grocery shopping for the week. There’s a huge chance that all theta stock in your fridge may get wasted. A smart fridge can help you reduce waste by empowering you with new ways of food monitoring. You’ll always stay on top with this feature. Advanced smart fridges have multiple cameras inside them. That lets you check what’s inside the fridge from your smartphone from any part of the world. You may forget about the things you buy every day or every week.
That’s why it feels frustrating when you buy a bag of tomatoes for fresh pizza and reach home to find some more in the fridge. When you can monitor what’s inside your fridge that problem can be eliminated. Moreover, you may want to try a new recipe. Looking at what’s inside the fridge lets you buy what’s missing and have the ultimate weekend cooking session. However, to use this feature properly you need to stock the fridge in an organized manner. If it’s stuffed full of things, the cameras will miss a few ingredients at the back.
2. Track use-by dates – Apart from monitoring your food with inbuilt cameras, smart fridges also allow you to keep close track of use-by dates. Some models require you to manually input the use-by dates while others use a smart algorithm to scan the date out of the label. Even if you end up with manual input, it’s easy to get it done within less than a minute and the benefits are worth it. After you input the dates, you can keep track of them through the smartphone app or on the display of the smart fridge.
This feature also helps you to cut down on waste dramatically and saves you a lot of money in the long run. You don’t have to worry about unused ramen noodles at the back going bad after the use-by dates. Moreover, the smartphone app will also send you reminders a few days earlier before a product may hit the expiry date. That helps you use up the ingredient and change your recipe for the day.
3. Precise control on humidity and temperature – Smart fridges are expensive to make and that’s why they are large and usually targeted towards families. However, a large refrigerator, smart or not would have a hard time controlling the temperature and humidity at different regions for optimum control. Thankfully, the smart fridge solves this problem. Different ingredients like meat and eggs require different temperature ranges compared to veggies to stay at their best.
Smart fridges have different door and drawer configurations, and you can choose one that fits you best. Moreover, these chambers can be controlled independently. You can change your refrigerator to behave like a freezer if you have a lot of meat and other ingredients that are quick to go stale. You don’t even need to be in the presence of the refrigerator to make those changes. You can control it directly from your smartphone. You can also switch the humidity levels according to your needs. Regular refrigerators have manual controls and a few compartments. However, they can never offer you precise control, versatility, or convenience when it comes to controlling the ambient conditions in your fridge.
4. Sensors – You may have left your refrigerator open many times and come home to a stinky stock of defrosted and soggy food. A smart refrigerator doesn’t let that happen. If you leave your smart refrigerator open, you will get notifications on your smartphone. Some fridges even have a reverse motor to pull back the doors of the refrigerator and shut it completely without human assistance. Moreover, there are smart sensors that can detect your presence. So when you come in front of the refrigerator the doors can open automatically or behave as you program. Hopefully, it doesn’t mistake your baby or dog for you.
It also has other sensors that monitor different components on the refrigerator. That means the refrigerator can do diagnostics on its own before a problem gets too big and can alert you when it needs repair. Due to self-diagnosis maintenance for a smart refrigerator is a breeze. Moreover, other problems like poor airflow can be caught quickly if you overstuff the fridge.
5. Connectivity – This is one of the best features of a smart refrigerator and the most convincing one that may lead you towards the upgrade. Smart refrigerators today are more connected than some smartphones. They have smart voice assistants so that you can command functions in your fridge while cooking. You can also ask those voice assistants about recipe changes you are curious about, the health benefits of a particular ingredient, calorie count, or anything else. The fridge connects to your Wi-Fi network and lets you do most things you can do from your phone. For instance, some refrigerators have inbuilt speakers. You can connect to Spotify and play your favorite songs in the kitchen while cooking a flavorful dish.
Some even come with LCD touchscreens. This adds a whole bunch of features on its own. You can sync your refrigerator with your television and when you come to the kitchen to check on that pot roast, you can catch up where you left off on a Netflix series. The display can also be used for connecting with your family. For instance, Samsung allows you to write notes on the refrigerator and display it on the screen. So, you can leave a note for your partner to take care of the grocery list, pick up the kids from school due to a schedule change or remind your children about the food.
Conclusion With so many reasons to upgrade to a smart refrigerator, you don’t need to search for “refrigerator repair near me”.